Why should I use a topical pain reliever like Absorbine Jr.?
- Topical pain relievers like Absorbine Jr. are applied at the site of pain to provide temporary relief of sore muscles and joints, arthritis pain and stiffness.
How does Absorbine Jr. work?
- Absorbine Jr. formula helps stimulate pain receptor nerves in the skin that detect cold, causing increased blood flow and the release of natural pain-relieving substances. The more blood that reaches a pain area, the more nutrients and oxygen there is to assist in the healing process.
What is the difference between a topical pain reliever like Absorbine Jr. and internal pain relievers (pills, caplets, etc.)?
- Topical pain relievers are applied directly to the areas of discomfort, while internal pain relievers must be ingested and absorbed by your skin.
Does “Jr.” mean that Absorbine Jr. is for children?
- No, Absorbine was created in 1892 by Wilbur F. Young and his wife, Mary Ida, to relieve the muscle pain of their hardworking horses. Their son, Junior, created the brand for hardworking people and called it Absorbine Jr. Absorbine Jr. is safe for adults and children two years of age or older.
Is it ok to use a topical pain reliever rather than an internal pain reliever (pill, caplet, etc.) for backaches, sore muscles, arthritis pain or joint pain?
- Absolutely! Many people actually prefer pain relievers over a pill or caplet. Topical pain relievers are specifically developed for relief of minor aches and pains of muscles and joints, and minor arthritis pain. For best results, please be sure to use the product as directed.
Can I use Absorbine Jr. and also take an internal pain reliever?
- We recommend you consult with your doctor or healthcare provider, as the use of combinations of drugs can have harmful effects.
I’ve heard Absorbine Jr. helps to keep those pesky gnats away. Is it true?
- We’ve had many consumers indicate this over the years, however, Absorbine Jr. was specifically developed to be an effective topical pain reliever for sore muscles, arthritis and stiffness.
How do I use the Absorbine Jr. Pain Relieving Back Patch or Ultra Strength Pain Patch?
- For best results, be sure that your skin is clean and dry before applying. Open the packet and remove patch. If you prefer, you can cut the patch to the size you need. Peel off its protective backing and apply sticky side to pain area.
How long does Absorbine Jr. Pain Relieving Back Patch or Ultra Strength Pain Patch last?
- Absorbine Jr. Pain Patches have been specially designed to provide up to eight hours of pain relief. However, individual results can vary.
Can I use more than one Absorbine Jr. Pain Relieving Back Patch or Ultra Strength Pain Patch at the same time?
- Yes, you can use more than one Absorbine Jr. Pain Patch at the same time.
Can I apply an Absorbine Jr. Pain Relieving Back Patch or Ultra Strength Pain Patch and also take an internal pain reliever (pill, caplet, etc.)?
- Since the active ingredient, menthol, in Absorbine Jr. Pain Patches does not enter the bloodstream, there should not be any interaction with your internal pain reliever. However, we recommend that you first consult with your doctor.
Can I leave the Absorbine Jr. Pain Patch on overnight?
- Yes, you can leave the Patch on overnight.
What if the Absorbine Jr. Pain Patch will not stick?
- Be sure the application site is clean and dry. For best results, it must also be free from skin conditioning products that may leave a film on your skin.
Can I use an Absorbine Jr. Pain Patch to cover a wound, like a bandage or adhesive strip?
- No. Do not apply the pain patch to broken or irritated skin.
Is there any latex in the Absorbine Jr. Patch?
- Yes, the Absorbine Jr. Pain Relieving Back Patch contains natural rubber latex. This may cause allergic reactions in latex-sensitive people.
What should I do if I suspect that I am having an allergic reaction to latex?
- We recommend you contact your physician if you suspect you may have an allergy to latex.
Can I use Absorbine Jr. if I am pregnant?
- If you are pregnant or suspect you may be pregnant we recommend consulting your doctor before using any Absorbine Jr. products.
Why is the Absorbine Jr. Pain Relieving Back Patch so much larger than the Ultra Strength Pain Patch?
- The Ultra Strength Pain Patch was designed for smaller muscle groups. The Back Patch was designed specifically for use on the lower back to treat lower back pain.
What is the difference between the Absorbine Jr. Pain Relieving Back Patch and Ultra Strength Pain Patch?
- Absorbine Jr. Pain Relieving Back Patch is made from a different type of hydrogel. It produces an initial warm feeling, unlike the Ultra Strength Pain Patch, which starts off cold. The chart below highlights the difference:
|Characteristics||Absorbine Jr. Ultra Strength Pain Patch||Absorbine Jr. Pain Relieving Back Patch|
|Size||4 x 5 ½ inches||9 x 4 inches|
|Sensation||Cooling Effect||Warming Effect|
|Apply directly to point of pain||Target the deep-seated aches and pains associated with chronic and activity-induced pain|
|Relief lasts||Up to 8 hours||Up to 8 hours|